SAFMC’s 2017 fall newsletter, South Atlantic Update, is available for viewing
SAFMC Regulations for 2017
For more information on the recreational regulations for South Atlantic species and to download a copy of the fishing season calendar, click here.
SAFMC considers multiple management issues for several species during December meeting
The SAFMC considered management measures for several species including Atlantic cobia, red snapper, red grouper, and golden tilefish during their week-long meeting in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. For more information on the meetings, click here.
NOAA Fisheries announces new Text Message Alert Program
NOAA Fisheries announces the introduction of the Text Message Alert Program. The program allows anyone to sign up to receive important fishery related alerts via text message. Text alerts you may receive include immediate fishery openings and closures as well as any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly.
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries: Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries: Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries: Text CARIBFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries: Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries: Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!